On 17 April 2016, the Bishop of Durham re-dedicated St David’s Church Tudhoe, the ‘tin chapel’, following completion of its £76,000 repair and restoration project. Many individual and corporate donors contributed to the restoration fund, including the Northumbria Historic Churches Trust and our national partner the National Churches Trust.  The pre-fabricated timber-framed and corrugated iron-clad Church was first constructed in 1880 at a cost of £620. St David's Tudhoe 1 (4)

The Church incorporates two stained glass windows which were originally part of nearby Holy Innocents Church, consecrated in 1866 and now demolished.St David's Tudhoe 1 (10)

NHCT is delighted to have contributed to the re-birth of this much loved Church which plays such an important part in the local community.