NHCT has granted £5000 towards roof repairs , stonework repointing and replacement of cast iron rainwater goods at this lovely church in Teesdale.
There has been a church on this site since 1170. The font is supported by stone legs dating from mediaeval times and the stonework which framed the altar window in the 13th century remains in the graveyard. The site has a most unusual feature in its detached bell tower, believed to be one of only two in the country.
We look forward to adding an ‘after’ photo to this ‘before’ picture once works are complete.